Dear Cantor Matt,
My son came home from his bar mitzvah lesson really upset. He had practiced a lot during the week, and even wrote out the Hebrew words using English letters so he could read everything easily. The cantor made him use the Hebrew letters and made it needlessly difficult and frustrating. Why does it matter “how” he reads it if it all sounds the same?
— The Sound and the Fury
Read Cantor Matt’s response here.
‘Your bar mitzvah check is in this bacon wallet’
Read the rest here.
- Premium Ticket Prices
- People who think misandry is a thing
- What iOS upgrades do to my battery life
- Shows that expire on Hulu before you get to watch them
- GIFs that take forever to load, especially on Tumblr’s mobile app
- People who call “cast recordings” “soundtracks.”
- Parody videos
- People who coopt meaningful religious practices for pathetic attempts at humor